Wednesday 6 April 2016

Polystyrene Oil Prints

This is a painting I did inspired by Astrup's 'painterly' prints. I used polystyrene and scratched marks into it, then layered on oil paint and press it onto acrylic paint. It was an interesting experiment and it worked better than I thought. It relates back to my original idea of painting using different materials. I based it on a close-up photograph I'd taken of something with a lot of texture. The way I framed it in the painting is meant to make it look like a landscape, however I think it would have been more successful without the purple round the top right hand corner. Maybe I will crop it when I stretch the canvas….
I also like the outcome of the pieces of polystyrene show below; maybe I could use them in an artwork…?

No comments:

Post a Comment